Thriftwood College provides education for students aged 14-19, all of whom have a Education, Health and Care Plan.
We fully understand that making the right choice of college is very important for the young person and for the family.
We therefore recommend that you:
- Contact the college to register your interest and book an appointment for the next available open morning.
- Attend an open session, gain information and ask any questions that you may have.
- Reflect on what you have seen and heard.
- Inform the SOS (SEND Operations Service) 0333 0139946 of your preference - this will initiate the placement process.
It is the local authority who has responsibility for the admissions to Thriftwood College.
The main criteria for a placement at Thriftwood College are as follows:
- Students must have a Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- Students must have Moderate Learning Difficulties plus additional complex needs
- Priority is given to young people in the local catchment area and children looked after
To request advice on the admission process please telephone our Admin Team on 01245 262779.