We have an open door approach to communication between parents and carers and School/College.
It is very important that we work in partnership with you to support your child – good communication is essential.
If your child is at Thriftwood School, you can ring - 01245 266880, fax 01245 490691 or e-mail email@example.com
If your child attends Thriftwood College, you can ring 01245 262779, fax 01245 490691 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class Teachers are available to take calls before the School/College day, at lunch-time or after School/College
- You can make an appointment with the Head of Department, or, if necessary, the Headteacher
- We hold a termly meeting for you to meet your child's Class Teacher, plus an Annual Review or Education Healthcare Plan Meeting in the Autumn or Spring Terms
- A Home/School Diary is provided for First and Middle School pupils
- Senior School students have a Personal Diary
- Regular updates, information and letters are posted on the website tab - 'Letters Home'
- We can update you of urgent events by TxtRound - please ensure we have your current mobile phone number and/or email address
Expressing your concerns
Our policy is that parental concerns and complaints should be dealt with at a School or College level wherever possible, as we want to build and maintain good relations with you, ensuring we provide the best education for your child. Occasionally situations can arise where parents and carers feel that they must state their concern formally; the Thriftwood Complaint Policy is available from the School or College Office or from this website - please click here.
Thriftwood supports CEOP
The Thinkuknow website www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents and internetmatters.org contains a lot of information, advice and guidance to educate children and young people in order to keep the whole family safe on the internet. We recommend you follow the link above and discuss the content with your family. If you wish to report online bullying or abuse, please click the following link to CEOP: http://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/